Each teaching tool fits into one (or more) category. Combine tools from different categories to create lesson plans for your class or workshop.
For example, in a 90 minute class you could combine the following tools:
- Help the group get to know each other with Share Squares.
- Explore various understandings of the environment with Where is the environment and what do people do there?
- Analyze women’s real-life experiences with Environmental Justice Stories.
In a 50 minute class:
- Discuss an introductory reading from the 25 Stories Resource List.
- Explore the meaning of environmental justice with Environmental Justice Defined.
- Learn about historic environmental justice community Kettleman City, and compare its demographic data to your own town with the in-class adaptation of My Town, Your Town.