- From Flint to Standing Rock to California’s Salinas Valley, Water is a Human Right
- EPA Ordered to Freeze All Contracts and Grant Programs, Including Environmental Justice Ones
- California’s future is in our hands - not in Washington D.C.
- Pricing carbon: California’s unfinished climate priority
- GOV. BROWN APPOINTS RADICAL ENVIRO JUSTICE ACTIVISTS TO PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION
- California Environmental Justice Alliance Stands With Standing Rock
- Cawelo Study Fails to Test for Dozens of Oilfield Chemicals in Wastewater Used to Irrigate California Food Crops
- LA Schools Get Air Filters in Halliburton-EPA Deal
- Environmentalists file another ammonia notice with EPA
- 2016 Environmental Justice Voter Guide
- Groundwater Action Team
- California Designs First Statewide Water Affordability Program
- Is Cap and Trade Failing Low Income and Minority Communities?
- AGUA and CWC Host Federal EPA Officials
- Important Meetings about a Statewide Water Affordability Program
- Governor Brown Signs 6 Water Justice Bills into Law!
- EPA's record on environmental justice is dismal, an official analysis finds
- Cap-and-Trade May Not Be Working
- Arvin City Council Adopts Resolution for Health-Protective 1,2,3-TCP MCL!
- Landmark California Law Links Emissions Reductions and Environmental Justice Goals
- 5 Environmental Justice Bills Advance to Governor Brown’s Desk!
- California Passes Historic Environmental Bills
- Agricultural pesticides put schoolchildren at risk during Back to School
- New Report Highlights Equity Flaws in California’s Cap-and-Trade Program
- California Sets Strictest GHG Reduction Targets
- Kettleman City Gets Promised Toxic Water Fix
- Legislative Wrap-up: Environmental Justice, Cap-and-Trade Funding
- Environmental Justice Wins in the 2016 Legislative Session
- What Just Happened? California Passes Major Climate Bills
- Front and Center in Climate Policy: Environmental Justice Plays Key Role in Winning Next Generation Of Climate Policies
- 2016 Statewide Green Zones Convening Highlights
- California: Pulling Together for Climate Action Now
- Safe, reliable water started flowing to the first home in East Porterville today!
- Environmental Justice Leaders Across California Head to Sacramento To Tell Policy Makers ‘Stop Protecting Polluters’
- Advocates See Hazardous Waste Rights Pact As Model For Future Cases
- New $1 Billion Clean Energy Proposal for Low-Income Renters
- In California Clean Air Fight, Environmental Justice Takes a Leading Role
- CWC Launches Urgent Campaign to Protect Groundwater in Drought-Affected Tulare County
- The Color of Pollution: How Environmental Contamination Targets People of Color
- Update to Federal and California Environmental Agencies’ Steps to Advance Environmental Justice
- Creating air quality success in California’s heartland: How hard can this be?!
- Congrats to our 2016 Environmental Justice Leadership Awardees!
- Valley suffocating largely on truck, train pollution – some cooperation, please!
- California Superintendent Tom Torlakson Urges Schools to Test Water
- Long-term Solutions Moving Forward in East Porterville
- Water Activists, Your White Privilege Is Showing
- Assemblymember Garcia and CWC Host Briefing on Unsafe Water In Schools
- Bernie Sanders On State Of San Joaquin Water: 'Unbelievable'
- Columnist inveighs in op-ed how Valley’s dirty air is (and isn’t) regulated
- Is your building eligible for the new Multifamily Solar Roofs Program?
- How did California’s legislators score on environmental justice?
- Northern Tulare County Water Alliance
- CWC Kicks Off 2016 Campaign to Protect Drinking Water From Dangerous Contaminant 123 TCP
- CWC congratulates former Senior Policy Analyst Omar Carrillo on his new position
- Water Justice Leadership Awards 2016!
- Drought-Impacted Residents Testify to Secure Targeted Private Well Funding
- Interim Groundwater Ordinances Needed
- Ammonia regulation delayed
- 2015 Legislative Wrap-Up and a Recent Big Win for Private Well Owners!
- Arvin Signs Administrative Order with EPA and Establishes New Timeline for Securing Safe Water
- Co-Executive Director Laurel Firestone Focuses on Unmet Safe Drinking Water Needs at Senate Committee Hearing
- Prop 1 Funding Available Now for Communities to Apply
- Fresno County Board of Supervisors Take First Step Toward Developing Interim Groundwater Ordinance!
- Air district insists open-field-ag-waste-burning resumption a ‘last-resort’ measure only
- Residents Mobilize to Fight Illegal Dumping in Fresno
- Latino Leaders Stand Up for Clean Air
- CCEJN Founding Member Fasting in Solidarity with Kern Residents
- Kick-off: Community Cohort to Promote Compliance with Environmental Regulations
- Community Fast in Support of Kern County Residents
- CWC Launches Private Well Testing Program
- Drought Convening Discussion Paper Advances Solutions
- Working families and the poor suffer most from lack of water
- Honoring Leaders in the Face of Drought
- Stop the Frack Attack
- Community Complaints lead to over $30,000 in violation penalties
- One new environmental justice law you should new
- Support amendments to Clean Air Act
- Solar power access looking a lot brighter in California
- Environmental Justice Wins in Sacramento!
- Funding Doubles to $1 Million to Support Environmental Justice Communities
- 16 years later: Pesticides & race in California
- California Finding New Ways To Extend Benefits Of Solar To Low-Income, Minority Communities
- Let’s Talk Health: EPA takes steps to improve air quality, but is it enough?
- Environmental Justice Victories in the 2015 Legislative Session
- California Bills on Governor Brown's Desk
- Diversifying the Air Resources Board
- Implications of, and CARB's Response to, the 2015 California Climate Change Legislative Session
- Legislature Passes Bills Benefiting Low-Income Communities and Communities of Color
- Highlights of our 2015 Congreso: People Power Policy
- Spray Field and ponds Toxic Tour: State Water Board in-person update.
- Center for Environmental Health – Kern toxic tour with CCEJN, CWA and GCM
- IVAN Summit 2015
- From the Golden State to the Gulf Coast: Climate Justice Now!
- CEJA’s Strategic Plan for 2015-2018
- Air Monitoring Training Workshop
- AB 693: Bringing Renewable Energy to Environmental Justice Communities
- In California, people of color are dangerously close to oil train disasters
- Talking to National Environmental Justice Advisory Council
- Poor Public Participation by the Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Support for AB 1420
- Fresno Bus Tour- Video
- Fresno Environmental Reporting Network – Bus Tour
- Ninth Circuit expands bases to avoid direct industry payment of Clean Air Act “Nonattainment Fees” — adds San Joaquin Valley alternative to earlier approval of a similar Southern California alternative
- 9th Cir. approves EPA's retroactive amendment of earlier approval of California SIP New Source Review rules
- Lifting up Culture at Our 2015 Congreso
- Health Watchdog Launches First-Ever Prop 65 Action Aimed at Waste Water Pollution from Fracking
- California Leaders See Climate Action as a Winning Political Issue
- Coming soon: CEJA's first Environmental Justice Scorecard
- New Report Sets a Course for Cleaner Freight Transportation in California
- A tale of two skylines
- Bus Rapid Transit – Fresno
- Regional Water Board Votes to Expand Kettleman Hills Facility
- Worst Air in the World?
- SB4 Regulation Hearing in Bakersfield
- SB4 Regulation Hearing in Bakersfield
- Modesto’s Fair Share for Clean Air
- Engaging Latino parents in California in the fight for clean air
- Chloropicrin Hearings in Fresno
- Safe Drinking Water for All
- Coal Plants in California?!?! (part 2)
- Mobilizing Kerman Residents!
- Converging in the Central Valley
- Coal Plants in California?!?! But we’re so progressive……
- Air-monitor spat could cost Valley millions
- Photo Tour: Cellulosic Ethanol Plant Comes to California Farm Country
- Residents lead charge toward health, environmental sustainability
- Los Verdes are the Greenest: Latinos are the next generation of environmentalists in the U.S.
- Celebrating the Right to Water
- Air District Official Misleads Public With Air Alert Statements
- Back to Getting Directions from the Scarecrow……
- Governor Brown Signs Human Right to Water Bill
- The Co-Benefits Of Pricing Carbon: How Lowering Local Pollution Can Help Achieve Environmental Justice
- Latinos ask Obama's help over toxic waste landfills
- State Appeals Court Rejects Environmental Justice Groups' Cap and Trade Claims, Sides with ARB
- Latinos lack asthma info
- APPELLATE COURT UPHOLDS CAL. CLIMATE CHANGE PLAN
- Environmental Justice and GHG Cap-and-Trade: It's More than a Complaint
- Farmworkers Pay a Heavy Price for California's Bounty
- NEW CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLAINT ATTACKS CALIFORNIA’S GREENHOUSE GAS CAP & TRADE PROGRAM AS RACIALLY DISCRIMINATORY
- EJ Advocates Renew Efforts to Block Cap and Trade
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution and the Factory Dairy Industry
- Assemblymember Perea Honors Members of the Community Water Center in Sacramento Women of the Year Ceremony
- Photos showing at the Fresno Regional Foundation
- Nitrate Contaminating Drinking Water for More Than 254,000 Californians
- Doctors Expect Climate Change to Worsen Lung Diseases
- Big Ag's Water Pollution Costs Billions to Manage: Study
- Growing costs and concern for drinking water in the Tulare Basin and Salinas Valley
- How Clean Air Standards Save Lives: Even One Bad Air Day Can Increase Heart Attack Risk
- National air pollution story has connection here
- The Second Biggest Air Board Coverup of 2011
- State does have a way to detect dangerous, unregulated chemical
- Residents Next to Freeway Monitor Their Own Air
- Shell employees sterilized by dibromochloropropane – DBCP
- TCP in Valley drinking water: Story just gets scarier
- Unrelenting Air Pollution in California's San Joaquin Valley This Winter
- Worst Winter on Record
- What is in that glass of Milk?
- Residents to EPA: “We’re simply telling you our reality”
- EPA Provides $21 Million to San Joaquin Valley to Help Clean Up Polluted Air
- It is Insane to Continue Burning Coal in the San Joaquin Valley
- EPA visit to highlight Valley’s public health, environmental justice issues
- California's Central Valley Slammed By Record Air Pollution
- High Levels of Locally Produced Pollution Cause the Poorest December Air Quality in over Ten Years
- Focus on asthma in the Central San Joaquin Valley
- How bad is the Valley's air right now? Worst in the country
- 2011′s top community health issues
- Arvin community starts its 'bucket brigade'
- Air pollution makes for difficult breathing in south Valley
- Bakersfield reclaims honor as worst air in the nation the past four days
- San Joaquin Valley residents face high environmental and social hazards
- UPDATE: SF JUDGE SAYS CLIMATE CHANGE CEQA CASE RESOLVED
- BINGO! Three in a row!
- Got arsenic? Social disparities in drinking water quality
- Fresno Attorney Seeks to Help Kettleman City Residents Relocate to a Less Toxic Environment
- Breath of Fresh Air on San Joaquin Valley Air District Board
- Incidence of asthma is choking the Valley
- “Cap and Trade Will Fail”: An Interview with Alegria de la Cruz of the Center on Race, Poverty and the Environment
- Land of Risk, Land of Opportunity: Cumulative Environmental Vulnerabilities in California’s San Joaquin Valley
- Lies and Deception
- Worst October For Ozone And Particulate Violations Since 2003
- Now Valley is worst in nation for ozone violations
- Cap and Trade: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Recent Air Quality Trends
- Officials propose higher cleanup priority on some pollution
- Toxic treadmill testimony
- What’s the Difference Between the New and Old Arvin Ozone Monitors?
- Working for a fair and healthy food system in the Central Valley
- SJV One-Hour Ozone Violations
- Real Time Air Quality Advisory System is a Farce
- UPDATE: CALIFORNIA SUPREME COURT APPROVES STAY ON WRIT BLOCKING CAP AND TRADE
- Arvin Bear Mtn Monitor Removal
- Taking clean air into their own hands
- Introducing Ruth Martinez
- VIDEO: Fireworks in Kettleman City
- Justice for Latino schoolchildren?
- UPDATE ON AB 32 CAP-AND-TRADE BATTLE: LIP SERVICE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE?
- UPDATE ON AB 32 CAP-AND-TRADE BATTLE: LIP SERVICE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE?
- Chemical Waste Management Slapped Down Again
- EJ Victory: Kettleman City Activists and Chem Waste Corp.
- Calling for clean air at the Capitol
- Statewide Mobilization “Day of Action” in Sacramento Urges Policymakers to Consider Cap and Trade Alternatives
- Environmental, Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights Groups Reject International Offsets in California’s Global Warming Solutions Act
- The new face of the Valley’s environmental movement
- Broad Coalition Asks California Governor Brown To Reconsider Cap-and-Trade
- Switzer op-ed on Central Valley drinking water
- They’re fed up in Arvin and doing something about it
- West Fresno residents urged to make odor complaints
- What is the status of rural California today?
- Community Water Center: Clean Water One Grant at a Time Laurel Firestone and Susana De Anda
- When the game gets too close move the goalposts
- California Cap and Trade is Not Ready – Environmental Justice Communities Lift Equitable Alternatives
- Court Ruling on Cap-and-Trade Brings Environmental Justice Advocates to California Capitol for State Hearing
- Kettleman City Finally Gets Water Treatment Plant. Two Years from Now …
- Latinos Have Higher Exposure to Nitrate-Contaminated Drinking Water, Study Finds
- Refreshing news in Kettleman City, and how you can help
- Spanish language teaching tools for environmental justice
- Water distributions in the Valley, and how you can help
- Fresno leaders protest methyl iodide use
- Farmworkers, activists protest use of pesticide
- The valley’s dirty air just gets worse
- The recent court decision blocking California’s scoping plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions: One-stop shopping for recent Legal Planet commentary
- Does containing climate change come at the expense of California’s most vulnerable?
- Playback Theater for environmental justice – slideshow
- Might recent events allow Governor Brown to consider a new direction for AB 32 implementation?
- Can the Air Resources Board continue to implement measures to reduce greenhouse gases?
- Two Cheers for Environmental Justice Cynicism
- Reflections on environmental justice and AB 32′s emissions trading program
- AB 32 Lawsuit: Assessing the Environmental Justice Arguments Against Cap and Trade
- Court issues final ruling in AB 32 challenge — enjoins implementation of AB 32 scoping plan pending CEQA fixes
- New article by yours truly!
- The battle of warring studies, Kettleman City – part II
- The Kettleman City babies – part I
- Petition: Do you want to know how polluted the air is near roadways?